NarcBox Pre-Launch Protocol
The following protocol should be performed at least 1-2 weeks prior to your departments GO LIVE date with the NarcBox. Notify NarcBox support team (email@example.com
) of your planned GO LIVE and training dates and set up a call 5-7 days before GO LIVE date to review your launch readiness and assist with any technical issues or questions.
- Install/Place NarcBoxes in their assigned locations (vehicle or station). Permanent mounting is not necessary at this point but can be completed and is highly recommended.
- Connect the NarcBox to the vehicle and/or station WiFi:
DIRECTIONS: On the NarcBox Main Menu select Settings (Gear Icon) -> WiFi -> Scan for Networks -> Select the network you wish to connect to -> enter password (if necessary) -> Connect
-> Continue -> Back
- Once connected, please perform a manual sync:
DIRECTIONS: On the NarcBox Main Menu select Settings (Gear Icon) -> Sync -> (When Sync OK appears, it is successful)
- Once the sync is completed, please check for firmware updates. Download updated firmware if available. You always want to perform Firmware Updates and any maintenance with the Door Open:
DIRECTIONS: On the NarcBox Main Menu -> Unlock Door -> Enter PIN/RFID/BIO; NarcBox Main Menu -> select Settings (Gear Icon) -> NarcBox Settings -> Firmware Update
- Updating your firmware will ensure your box does not encounter any issues and is running to the best of its ability. It is recommended to check for firmware updates at least once a month.
If possible, keep the NarcBox in this location for 3-4 days to test for continuous connectivity and auto reporting functions.
Please contact our NarcBox Launch Support Team to set a time to review your launch readiness and assist with any technical issues or questions.
NarcBox Launch Support Team
NarcBox Firmware Update Changelog
3.40.02/03 - 9/29/2023 Fixed manual RFID Entry for Log Med Use. 3.40.00/01 - 9/21/2023 Changes to screen appearance with new fonts, colors, and graphics to create a more intuitive, natural experience. "View Inventory," feature allows you to quickly ...
Why won’t my NarcBox Sync?
The NarcBox was unable to "open" the connection to the server. When this happens, the cause can be one of a few things: The WiFi router kicked the connection for some reason - Resetting the box can re-initiate the connection. See How do I reset my ...
How do I reset my NarcBox?
There are two ways to reset your NarcBox. Open the NarcBox Door and press the small red or black reset button on the inside of the front panel near the top of the circuit board. This is known as a hard reset which is the strongest form of box reset. ...
Need a NarcBox repaired?
Please open a ticket or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your NarcBox needs to come in for repairs. There are some issues that we can troubleshoot and fix in the field. Othertimes there are specific hardware issues on the boxes that ...
How do I mount the NarcBox?
The NarcBox can be secured by drilling through any of the back or side walls (excluding the front or door). We recommend making a template to use for all of your NarcBoxes so they have the same mounting pattern and can be easily interchanged if ...